What Is SEO?
SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization.” It is a process of optimizing your website in search engines. It is a process of getting traffic to your website in “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” way.
It is the process to increase the visibility of your website in search engines.
Techniques in SEO consist of:
- Developing and designing your website in such a way to get higher rankings in search engine.
- To understand visitors mind as to what keywords might be searched by them & also understanding the algorithms.
- To increase and improve the traffic to your website from search engines.
Working of SEARCH ENGINE?
Several activities are performed by search engine in order to get results.
- Crawling/Fetching Data: The process of crawling or fetching data is carried out by software named as spider,crawler or google bot. In this process crawler fetches the website data or collects the data like images, content, codes, links etc.
- Storing data: The data that is collected is stored and crawler checks if the data is relevant. The data that is new or new websites, incomplete websites, or the websites that are under construction are sent to spam box and the other data is sent for indexing.
- Indexing: Indexing is the process of identifying the words that best describe the page. Indexingis another name for database used by search engine. Index contains the information on all the websites that search engines were able to find. If a website is not in a search engine’s indexing then, users will not be able to find it.
- Processing: When any search request or query comes, then the search engine processes it. It compairs the search results and the search requests with the indexed pages available in the database.
- Results: The final step in the search engine activity is to retrieve the best result that matches the search query.
Search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing often updates their algorithm many times every month. When you see changes in your website ranking it can be due to an algorithmic update.
Although the basic principles of all the search engines are same, there are minor differences or changes between their relevancy algorithms lead to major changes in results relevancy.
SEO can be categorized into two ways that is ON Page and OFF Page SEO.
- ON Page SEO: On page seo is changes required inside the website for better google rankings. It includes giving good keywords, good content selection, giving proper title to every page, etc.
- OFF Page SEO: Off page seo is the process to promote your website to external website to collect refrences. It also includes the process of link exchange, link building, submitting your links on website submitting platforms like open directories etc.